Katz Women’s Hospital was designed to help women take advantage of all Northwell Health services that are specialized just for them. This path of care includes programs in perinatal and obstetrics, gynecology, urogynecology, minimally invasive and robotic surgery, and pediatric and adolescent gynecology.
At Northwell, we're committed to women’s health and family-centered care. Our state-of-the-art Katz Women’s Hospital reflects the heart of that commitment, as well as our dedication to service, comfort and compassion.
Programs and services
Services and features at Katz Women's Hospital include:
- Single mother and baby rooms
- Each room is equipped with private bathroom and shower (all ADA compliant), wireless internet, rocking chair, flat screen TV and overnight accommodations for significant other. Each is designed to provide for emergency equipment and couplet care.
- Special rooms for high-risk patients are also available.
- Respite Well Baby Newborn Nursery & Constant Observation Well Baby Newborn Nursery
- Diagnostic and treatment unit, which serves as an emergency department for pregnant women
- State-of-the-art labor and delivery rooms
- Operating rooms
- Childbirth education office and classroom
- Ambulatory lactation consultation services
- Retail store focusing on women’s and newborn products
- Women’s resource center
- Botanical garden
- Family lounge
- Patient and family classrooms
- Meditation room
Information for expectant mothers
We understand that there’s a lot to think about during this exciting time. That’s why we’re here to provide you with the information you need as you get closer to welcoming your little one.
General hospital information
Birth certificate information
When it comes to your baby's birth certificate, get the paperwork done ahead of time so you can focus on your new family in the hospital. To fill out your Mother/Parent Worksheet now and bring the completed form with you to the hospital, download the form and instructions here. If you are unable to view the materials on our website, please contact your doctor for a printed copy of the information.